Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More Exploration

In Week 2 of my Ultra Fractal class, we continued exploring the Mandelbrot coastline, specifically the West Midget and the larger disks.
Each area features its own unique structure. I am entranced by the complexity and beauty of it all!










Each point on the Mandelbrot set has a corresponding point on the Julia set. (For a demonstration, click here)




After homework came play time, and I created this from a Julia set.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Barb Hartsook said...

My Grandma wore brooches like this -- only of course in much subtler colors. I think she would have giggled in her quiet conservative German way had I given her this one. But she'd have worn it in private at the collar of her trim sheath housedress. (She always looked like she was dressed for church, pumps and brooches and all.)

I bought her a brooch evey year... until.......

Thanks for giving me a memory to savor.